Friday, September 11, 2009

Knock, Knock ...

When I first started blogging, I promised to update twice a week ... even if I just posted knock knock jokes. It's been a full week, a good week, a LONG week (despite being a short week!), and it's a good night for something quick and funny.

Unfortunately, I have since realised that there ARE no funny knock knock jokes. Apparently once you reach the age of 8 or so all the funny evaporates out of them. Do not despair, however, dear reader. En lieu of the knock knocks, I will share one of my fallback funnies:

http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=1104

Dinosaur Comics often makes me smile but this is an all time favourite, and about as intellectual as I think I can manage today! I lurched out of bed at 6:15 this morning and managed to fumble my way out of bed and into the workplace, but my brain never really got the memo that it was daytime. Instead of reading Dickens or something equally pretentious during my lunch break today, I read the September issue of Allure. (My favourite shades of nail polish are "in" this season! Also, I need some over-the-knee, triple-buckle, black leather Calvin Klein high heel boots. NEED. And maybe a little tiny dress and huge earrings to go with.)

I am looking forward to the weekend! And I hope that you, dear reader, have a relaxing and fun weekend as well.

PS - I should probably add a disclaimer. Dinosaur Comics is often funny, but sometimes crude and immature. (Sometimes it's both at once!) But not every comic is one that I would link to :)

1 comment:

  1. You gotta have a kid to make knock-knock jokes funny again.

    "Knock, knock, Katie."
    "Who's there, Owen?"
    "A chicken."
    "A chicken who?"
    "A chicken and it's gonna go to da church and den da cawr wund oveh it."

    Hysterical.

    Or then there's Audrey's version:

    "Knock, knock, Mama!"
    "Who's there, Audrey?"
    "Knock knock."
    "Knock knock, who?"
    "AHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!"

    Apparently it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Should this cake happen?