Sunday, October 11, 2009

Regrettable Food Blog

I said you'd get a bonus weekend post. I didn't say it'd be a good one. I give you ...

CHURCH COOKBOOK TREASURES, PART 1:


CABBAGE CASSEROLE

1 can cream soup
1/4 cup milk
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
cabbage

Dice cabbage, boil for 10 minutes and drain all water off. Add soup, milk, and cheese. Bake at 350 till bubbly.


I swear, this is for true. I own the cookbook. The contributor's name has been omitted for her protection.

It would be really funny to actually make this stuff, and post pictures. But I just can't bring myself to get that close to Velveeta cheese.

In other news, I made BBQ sauce for our dinner today and it was totally awesome. Super spicy and not too sweet.

4 comments:

  1. If anybody thinks "Hey that sounds good" and actually TRIES this recipe, let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To clarify, Emily didn't just make spicy BBQ sauce for dinner, she made slow-cooked pork shoulder to put it on =P
    -DH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to be honest about Velveeta. There is one recipe I use a half pound of velveeta for. I haven't made it months and now that you've indirectly said what I always thought was true (velveeta is weird and should be feared) I might have to alter the recipe or lay it to rest. Thanks Em ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that comment, DH! Knowing Emily, I can imagine she might just forego any meat and dive right into the sauce...especially if the sauce is hot and spicy! Camille

    ReplyDelete

Should this cake happen?